Resources for all Programs Coordinators
NAMI Virginia works closely with local affiliates to provide support groups and educational courses and presentations. Affiliate level program coordinators are instrumental in the success of these local programs by ensuring the program has an annual schedule, recruiting and supporting program volunteers, ensuring the local affiliate board is aware of activities, adequately supporting the growth of the program, and ensuring program impact is recorded. NAMI Virginia works hard to support the leadership of these local program coordinators. This page contains materials to help guide a program coordinator in their role. Should you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to email us. Program specific materials for coordinators can be found in the search bar to the left.
If the document is a google form, and it does not state that NAMI Virginia will give you access, then you will need to download it to your computer in order to edit.
Guidance for Online Programming
- Affiliate Online Programming Guide – please note this serves as guidance for Model A affiliates, requirements for Model B.
- Implementation Plan – required for Model B Affiliates to host online support or education.
Program Management Expectations
- NAMI Virginia Affiliate Program Coordinator Handbook (new 2016) – Much of the below is contained within this handbook, and we encourage this document to be your first step in searching for answers or resources for your program coordinator role.
- NAMI Virginia Program Priorities
- NAMI Virginia Program Development Policy (updated 2018)
- NAMI Virginia Volunteer Rights & Responsibilities Form
- NAMI All Programs Data Entry Directions
- NAMI Programs Fidelity Policy
- NAMI Signature Program Operating Policies (updated 2019)
- NAMI Signature Program 1 page description of update to 2019 Policies
- NAMI Programs Cultural Adaptation and Translation Procedures
- NAMI Code of Conduct for Program Volunteers
- AMI Program Volunteer De-certification Policy
- Checklist for Finding your Program ‘Brightspots’
- NAMI Virginia Guide to Hosting a Local Program Training
- Training Waiting List – The state office keeps track of individuals who have expressed interest in a NAMI volunteer training. Access or add to this list by contacting Mary Beth Walsh.
- Getting the Affiliate Board Behind your Programs
- Volunteer Recruitment Assessment Tool
- Find a Program Volunteer Application or Training
- Tips for Engaging Potential Volunteers
Please see chapter 2 of the Coordinator Handbook
- Setting Goals for your Local Program
- Program Volunteer Engagement Tips
- Tips for Delegating Tasks
- Tips for Motivating your Volunteers
- Tips for Dealing with Unreliable Volunteers
- Program Volunteer Performance Evaluation Guide & Form
- Program Volunteer Six Month Satisfaction Survey (provided by NAMI Virginia)
- Program Volunteer One Year Satisfaction Survey (provided by NAMI Virginia)
- Program Volunteer Exit Survey (provided by NAMI Virginia)