Resources For Affiliates
Here in Virginia we have 14 hardworking affiliates. Each works in collaboration with NAMI Virginia to provide support, education and advocacy within their local community. Affiliates are often made up of volunteers who are personally connected to mental health conditions who donate their times to help others, ‘pay it forward’. Passion is present in every affiliate leader however the skills, knowledge and expertise to run a nonprofit organization may not always be experiences and knowledge they have at the ready. Here are a variety of resources to help support our passionate Affiliate leaders in building infrastructure.
- Affiliate Fundraising Guide 8.2020
- Advocacy 101: Virginia Legislative Process
- Tutorial Videos and Resources – Tutorials on the topics below are available. Additional group tutorials can be requested by affiliate senior staff or lead.
- Mailchimp – free (first 2,000 emails) professional email communication platform
- CANVA – free graphic design site to enhance the professional look of your affiliate marketing and communication pieces
- Facebook – free social media platform
- Instagram – free social media platform
- Communication and Marketing Basics (4 part series)