The below links offer information on supportive employment. These links are not endorsed by NAMI Virginia but are separate organizations:
- Work Support: Work Support provides work opportunity listings for people with different types of disabilities, including mental illnesses. This site includes information on legality issues and Social Security resources.
- Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services: The Consumer Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program helps people with disabilities get ready for, find, and keep a job. It helps to increase their ability to live independently in their communities. The Consumer VR program works with individuals with every type of disability. VR services include but are not limited to, vocational counseling, training, and job placement.
- Social Security Administration: The Social Security Administration, administers and informs individuals about SSI and SSDI. You can find your local office information on the website.
- Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services: offers a comprehensive search engine to help find what you are looking for
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): SAMHSA is a federal organization that also offers a search engine to help find housing resources for your area.
- Virginia 2-1-1: A free Virginia service that helps search for community services