Parent Institute and Young Adult Leadership Retreat
- 2019 Kiss A Pig
- 2019 State Conference
- Annual Meeting and Voting
- NAMI Virginia Program Trainings
- Parent Institute and Young Adult Leadership Retreat
- 2020 Family & Youth Virtual Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2020
- Family and Youth Leadership Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Months and Dates
- NAMIWalks Virginia
- NAMI Walks Virginia Photo Album
Professional development and networking for young adults or parents/caregivers serving in a peer leadership role around mental health or co-occurring substance use disorder. Both the Parent Institute and the Young Adult Leadership Retreat are targeted at offering unique and personalized growth and development for these individuals as they use their lived experience to offer support, education, or advocacy to other youth, young adults, parents or caregivers, or to inform system partners. Attendees include those in paid roles, youth or family support partners, and those in unpaid roles which include youth or college group leaders, support group facilitators, peer advocates, peer education leaders, etc.
Although each institute and retreat will develop specific content in response to needs expressed by young adults or parents/caregivers, there are a few key components you will find at each:
- Connection, networking, resource sharing
- Targeted content learning
- Opportunity to offer input on the direction of the Virginia Family Network and Youth MOVE Virginia
Both events are free to those who attend, and lunch will be provided. Travel and childcare stipends are available, as well as lodging for those traveling over 3 hours.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to Mary Beth Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.