Annual Meeting and Voting
- 2019 State Conference
- Annual Meeting and Voting
- NAMI Virginia Program Trainings
- Parent Institute and Young Adult Leadership Retreat
- 2020 Family & Youth Virtual Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2020
- Family and Youth Leadership Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Months and Dates
- NAMIWalks Virginia
- NAMI Walks Virginia Photo Album
NAMI Virginia Annual Meeting
Each year NAMI Virginia members, supporters, and friends come together for an evening of community and celebration. In particular, annual award recipients are honored, new NAMI Virginia Board members are elected, outgoing Board member are honored, and a review of NAMI Virginia’s financial health is shared. A short reception usually follows.
Thanks for Joining us!
If you were unable to attend the virtual annual meeting held on Saturday, August 29th, please see enjoy the recording.
NAMI Virginia’s Annual Awards
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we will forego awards in 2020. All received nominations will be considered for selection in 2021 pool of nominations. The 2021 nomination period is open. The Awards Nomination Guidelines and Forms. Please note the Outstanding Legislator Award is determined internally.
- Spirit of Recovery Award – recognizes a person who is living with mental illness for his or her service, courage, and leadership on behalf of people with mental illness. The recipient displays exemplary courage and leadership not only in staying the course to recovery but also educating others through NAMI’s programs in Virginia and helping others to understand, pursue or experience recovery.
- Outstanding NAMI Affiliate Award – recognizes a local NAMI Virginia affiliate‘s outstanding achievement with NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and in other areas supporting recovery and individuals living with mental illness.
- The Hope Award – recognizes a NAMI Virginia family member or caregiver of someone with mental illness who displays exemplary leadership within NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and other venues.
- Young Leader Award – recognizes a youth or young adult between the ages of 14-30 who exhibits exceptional leadership and courage. As a leader or participant in NAMI Virginia’s programs, including Youth MOVE Virginia, the recipient works to promote resiliency, recovery, and mental health awareness in his/her community, all while empowering and supporting other youth and young adults with mental health needs.
- Outstanding Legislator Award – recognizes an elected official that has demonstrated a commitment to supporting the needs of those impacted by mental health conditions through their legislative actions, advocacy and leadership as a public servant.