Annual Meeting and Voting
Announcing the 2019 NAMI Virginia Annual Meeting
Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 4:30 pm
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Come join fellow NAMI members, supporters, and friends at the Annual Meeting to recognize award recipients, elect new NAMI Virginia Board members, review NAMI Virginia’s financial health and thank outgoing board members. A short reception will follow the meeting.
Registration will be released shortly.
Board Member Elections
All NAMI Virginia members can nominate an individual to the NAMI Virginia board. Nomination information will be released in early spring. Once a slate is selected, all members are welcomed to vote on the slate by email or in person at the Annual meeting. More to come soon.
NAMI Virginia’s 2019 Annual Awards
Please consider nominating an individual or affiliate for one of the following annual awards by completing the 2019 Awards Nomination Form. Please note the Outstanding Legislator Award is determined internally.
- Spirit of Recovery Award – recognizes a person who is living with mental illness for his or her service, courage, and leadership on behalf of people with mental illness. The recipient displays exemplary courage and leadership not only in staying the course to recovery but also educating others through NAMI’s programs in Virginia and helping others to understand, pursue or experience recovery.
- Outstanding NAMI Affiliate Award – recognizes a local NAMI Virginia affiliate‘s outstanding achievement with NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and in other areas supporting recovery and individuals living with mental illness.
- The Hope Award – recognizes a NAMI Virginia family member or caregiver of someone with mental illness who displays exemplary leadership within NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and other venues.
- Young Leader Award – recognizes a youth or young adult between the ages of 14-30 who exhibits exceptional leadership and courage. As a leader or participant in NAMI Virginia’s programs, including Youth MOVE Virginia, the recipient works to promote resiliency, recovery, and mental health awareness in his/her community, all while empowering and supporting other youth and young adults with mental health needs.
- Outstanding Legislator Award – recognizes an elected official that has demonstrated a commitment to supporting the needs of those impacted by mental health conditions through their legislative actions, advocacy and leadership as a public servant.
2017 NAMI Virginia Awards
The 2017 NAMI Virginia Award Honorees were presented with their awards at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Michelle Payne – Spirit of Recovery Award
NAMI Central Virginia – Outstanding NAMI Affiliate
The Haley Family – Hope Award
Amanda Swindle – Young Leader Award
The Honorable Patrick Hope, Virginia House of Delegates – Outstanding Legislator Award
2016 NAMI Virginia Awards
The 2016 NAMI Virginia Award Honorees were presented with their awards at the 2016 Annual Meeting.
NAMI Northern Virginia
Outstanding NAMI Affiliate Award
The Hope Award
Young Leader Award