Annual Meeting and Voting
- 2019 Kiss A Pig
- 2019 State Conference
- Annual Meeting and Voting
- NAMI Virginia Program Trainings
- Parent Institute and Young Adult Leadership Retreat
- 2020 Family & Youth Virtual Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2020
- Family and Youth Leadership Summit
- Mental Health Awareness Months and Dates
- NAMIWalks Virginia
- NAMI Walks Virginia Photo Album
NAMI Virginia Annual Meeting
Each year NAMI Virginia members, supporters, and friends come together for an evening of community and celebration. In particular, annual award recipients are honored, new NAMI Virginia Board members are elected, outgoing Board member are honored, and a review of NAMI Virginia’s financial health is shared. A short reception usually follows.
Save the Date for the 2020 Annual Meeting
NEW DATE: August 29, 2020 from 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Doubletree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
There is no cost to attend the meeting, but you must register in advance. Look for more information in the spring of 2020!
Call for NAMI Virginia Board Nominations
NAMI Virginia’s Board of Directors invites you to join consider being a part of the stewardship team guiding NAMI Virginia’s mission in the coming years. Nominations will be accepted through July 9, 2020.
Call for NAMI Virginia Bylaw Amendments
Current, dues paying members are welcomed to submit suggested amendments to NAMI Virginia’s bylaws to the Board of Directors for consideration. To do so, please send amendment suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and membership number. The deadline for amendment suggestions is July 9, 2020. All submitted amendments will be reviewed for viability by our Program, Membership and Affiliate Relations Committee and approved amendments will be included in a slate for full member vote at either in person at the Annual Meeting on Aug 29, 2020 or by email or mail beginning July 29, 2020 should COVID social distancing requirements persist.
NAMI Virginia’s Annual Awards
Please consider nominating an individual or affiliate for one of the following annual awards. The 2020 Awards Nomination Guidelines and Forms. Please note the Outstanding Legislator Award is determined internally.
- Spirit of Recovery Award – recognizes a person who is living with mental illness for his or her service, courage, and leadership on behalf of people with mental illness. The recipient displays exemplary courage and leadership not only in staying the course to recovery but also educating others through NAMI’s programs in Virginia and helping others to understand, pursue or experience recovery.
- Outstanding NAMI Affiliate Award – recognizes a local NAMI Virginia affiliate‘s outstanding achievement with NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and in other areas supporting recovery and individuals living with mental illness.
- The Hope Award – recognizes a NAMI Virginia family member or caregiver of someone with mental illness who displays exemplary leadership within NAMI’s education and support programs, advocacy, and other venues.
- Young Leader Award – recognizes a youth or young adult between the ages of 14-30 who exhibits exceptional leadership and courage. As a leader or participant in NAMI Virginia’s programs, including Youth MOVE Virginia, the recipient works to promote resiliency, recovery, and mental health awareness in his/her community, all while empowering and supporting other youth and young adults with mental health needs.
- Outstanding Legislator Award – recognizes an elected official that has demonstrated a commitment to supporting the needs of those impacted by mental health conditions through their legislative actions, advocacy and leadership as a public servant.