NAMI Virginia Homefront Coordinator and Teacher Expectations
- NAMI Virginia Program Priorities— We share this because we want our volunteers to be clear about what our focus is so they can keep us accountable and know how to support our efforts
- NAMI Virginia Program Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities form (UPDATED 2015)- Clarifies the commitment of the volunteer and the affiliate to to one another. Reviewed and signed at training, copy provided to both volunteer and coordinator/champion.
- NAMI Programs -Homefront Course and Data Reporting Policy
Materials to Assist Coordinators and Teachers for the Homefront Program
Before Your Course
- What to Do Before, During and After a Class– Step by step process to help guide you through your Family-to-Family course.
- Course Registration Form– Each trained teaching team interested in hosting a course must complete this form and mail to the state office in order to receive supplies.
- Request for Space Template
- Press Release Template
- Outreach letter to Churches Template
- Welcome Letter Template to class participants
- Class Check-in Form Template– keep track of your participant’s attendance
During and After your Course
- How to Enter Data and Access the Extranet and Resources
- DBHDS Acknowledgement – please read briefly at the start of your course
- Contact NAMI Virginia for an electronic Completion Certificate template to use for Course Graduates or to have NAMI Virginia create/print them for you please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: If you have NAMI Virginia print, please provide 2 weeks notice, the date of graduation, and the graduate’s name as they would like it to appear on the certificate
Helpful Program Resources
- NAMI Programs – Consolidated Operating Policies (UPDATED 2015)
- NAMI Programs- Code of Conduct (UPDATED 2015)
- NAMI National Link
- NAMI Education News site – Great resources for all program leaders including schedule of upcoming NAMI TA calls, password: nami
- Informational Flyer – Share with community partners, potential participants, and others.
Materials for Homefront Coordinators