Mental Health Advocacy Day 2017
NAMI Virginia, along with our coalition partners The Campaign for Children’s Mental Health, Mental Health America of Virginia and VOCAL Virginia, would like to express our biggest thanks to all of our 2017 Mental Health Advocates! With 189 registrants, our collective presence was surely felt at the General Assembly Building this past January!
The day began at the Patrick Henry Building, where our newer advocates were invited to sit down with more seasoned advocates in preparation for their upcoming legislative appointments. Starting at 8:45 AM and continuing until 1 PM, our advocates attended 35 scheduled meetings with their House representatives and 25 scheduled meetings with their Senate representatives.
In addition to these legislative meetings, legislators were invited to join our participants in the 5th floor West Conference Room for light breakfast and collective discussion.
Thank you again to everyone who joined us for this wonderful event! Some additional items to consider:
- View and share the Recap Infographic which gives a brief overview of the impact our advocates made!
- View the full Facebook album of photos from the day!
- Stay updated on the bills and budget amendments that are currently moving through Virginia’s General Assembly!
- Sign up with our Legislative Action Center to get action alerts sent directly to your email!
- Complete the participant feedback survey (sent to the email you provided during registration) to help us improve the event for 2018’s session!
We look forward to continued advocacy work with all of you!
Any questions or concerns, contact Megan S. at: email@example.com