Job Openings & Internships
New job opening: Program Assistant
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Program Assistant will report to the Director of Adult and Family Programs
Our organization is searching for a dynamic and organized self-starter for the role of Program Assistant. The Program Assistant manages our Helpline and provides support to the Adult and Family and Child and Youth Program Departments by managing data entry, coordinating program materials for distribution and being the lead communication between our statewide volunteers and NAMI Virginia, along with other tasks. The Program Assistant is based out of the Richmond office and may require travel with occasional weekend and evening activities as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate volunteer and program data entry
- Develop a monthly e-newsletter for program and training participants
- Supervise office volunteers that may assist with administrative activities and Helpline.
- Maintain inventory and order program and training supplies for program departments
- Coordinate program material distribution to volunteers in field and for trainings
- Manage NAMI VA website and Facebook related to program updates
- Lead communication between affiliates and volunteers and NAMI Virginia as it relates to planning for, hosting and reporting on program logistics.
- Manage the HelpLine by responding to HelpLine calls, emails, and voice mails daily
- Coordinate HelpLine resources and update as needed on website and other platforms
- Track HelpLine data
- Miscellaneous tasks and projects as assigned
- Ability to undertake occasional travel in Virginia
- Indoor office environment based in Richmond
- Occasional evening and weekend responsibilities
- Commitment to the mission and vision of NAMI Virginia
- Understanding of the mental health system preferred, but not required
- Ability to relate and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to focus on details and to be a self-starter and independent worker
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and navigate multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills a must, including experiences with managing social media
- A warm, friendly, and customer-service oriented demeanor
- Team player, excellent work ethic, and positive attitude a must
- Volunteer management experience preferred but not required
- Experience in working with qualitative and quantitative data preferred by not required
- Bachelor’s degree in human services preferred but will accept relevant work experience as substitute
Salary and benefits: Health, dental, and retirement; excellent vacation, sick, and parental leave policies. Salary details provided upon request.
The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm, Wednesday, July 10, 2019. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.