Home » Resource & Support Center » Get Help Now!
Get Help Now!
NAMI Virginia does NOT provide crisis services or direct services so if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric crisis, please refer to these resources:
- Call 911, your physician, or visit your local hospital's emergency room.
- If calling 911, click here for a helpful guide.
- Access the mental health system.
- Contact the emergency services number for your local community services board.
- Click here for our brochure on Navigating the Mental Health System.
- Click here for our brochure: Guide to Helping an Individual Through a Psychiatric Crisis (This version is in both Spanish and English).This brochure is also available in Arabic. View the Arabic translation here.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has trained counselors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don't wait. Call 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255) now! (Número 1-888-628-9454 en Español).
- For Medical emergencies: 9-1-1
- Depression & Mental Health: 1-800-442-HOPE (4673)
For a more comprehensive list of hotlines, help lines, and information services for both Adults & Children, you may also wish to visit Teen Health & Wellness, which includes several options for help organized by subject, as well as Love to Know Recovery.
- Communicate with your loved one.
For further crisis assistance, there are crisis stabilization facilities available throughout Virginia who may be able to offer further aid and support.
NAMI Virginia Toll-Free Help Line for Information and Resources
NAMI Virginia operates a toll-free HelpLine to provide information and resources to callers who are seeking information about mental illness topics. We can assist with locating support groups and educational programs, information on how to access the mental health system, and providing you with general information about mental illness, education, support, and recovery. We are unable to furnish referrals/names to specific therapists, counselors, doctors, treatment centers, lawyers. etc.
Please note: We do not offer therapy, medical, legal advice, or crisis services. We are unable to furnish referrals/specific names for individual therapists, counselors, doctors, treatment centers, lawyers, etc.
To reach our HelpLine for Information and Resources:
Call 1 (804) 285-8264 ext. 1 or 1 (888) 486-8624