Home » Resource & Support Center » Get Help Now!
Get Help Now!
NAMI Virginia does NOT provide crisis services or direct services so if you or a loved one is experiencing a psychiatric crisis, please refer to these resources:
- Call 911, your physician, or visit your local hospital's emergency room.
- If calling 911, click here for a helpful guide.
- Access the mental health system.
- Contact the emergency services number for your local community services board.
- Click here for our brochure on Navigating the Mental Health System.
- Click here for our brochure: Guide to Helping an Individual Through a Psychiatric Crisis This brochure is also available in Arabic. View the Arabic translation here.
- Talking to someone may help. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline has trained counselors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don't wait. Call 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255) now!
- For a teen crisis line, contact the Covenant House Nineline at 1 (800) 999-9999, which is also operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Communicate with your loved one.
NAMI Virginia Toll-Free Help Line for Information and Resources
NAMI Virginia operates a toll-free HelpLine to provide information and resources to callers who are seeking information about mental illness topics. We can assist with locating support groups and educational programs; informations on how to access the mental health system; and providing you with general information about mental illness, education, support, and recovery. We are unable to furnish referrals/names to specific therapists, counselors, doctors, treatment centers, lawyers. etc.
Please note: We do not offer therapy, medical, legal advice, or crisis services. We are unable to furnish referrals/specific names for individual therapists, counselors, doctors, treatment centers, lawyers, etc.
To reach our HelpLine for Information and Resources:
Call 1 (804) 285-8264 ext. 1 or 1 (888) 486-8624