Home » Get Involved » Volunteer at NAMI Virginia
Volunteer at NAMI Virginia
NAMI Virginia is always looking for dedicated and skilled volunteers. Here is a listing of current volunteer opportunities. Hours and commitments vary for each project. Our office is located in Richmond, Virginia.
- NAMIWalks Virginia - NAMIWalks Virginia is looking for 2015 Planning Committee Members. To learn more and/or express interest please visit: http://goo.gl/forms/OebhSxEIfO
- The Amazing Raise- For the second year in a row NAMI Virignia will be participating in The Amazing Raise, a 36-hour online giving campaign hosted by The Community Foundation. We are looking for volunteers to lead our mental health awareness campaign by managing Facebook content during and leading up to the 36-hour event, along with creating video content to be used via electronica communitications.
- Office Volunteers- NAMI Virginia is always in need of office volunteers to assist in our office located in Richmond, Virginia or with special projects around the community or in the comfort of your own home. Projects include data entry, phone calls, event support, mailings, graphic design, public relations and marketing, and other general office support as needed.
- Health Fairs and Community Events- Join NAMI Virginia in educating the public about mental health. Volunteers are needed to help staff tables at various health fairs and community events throughout the year. Getting the word out about NAMI reduces the stigma of mental illness and gets the word out about free NAMI programs to those who could benefit from them.
- Photography- We are always on the lookout for talented photographers to donate their time to capture the excitement of our events and raise awareness for mental health. Services are in particular needed for NAMIWalks Virginia, Advocacy Day, Family and Youth Leadership Summit, and the NAMI Virginia State Convention.
- Programs - Become a trained facilitator for one of NAMI Virginia's programs. See our Upcoming Training Opportunities page. Contact your local affiliate about becoming a program volunteer today. Note: Interested program volunteers should not complete the volunteer application found on this form but should complete the appropriate program volunteer application. Program volunteer applications may be found under the appropriate program for which you wish to volunteerat.
Looking to get involved with your local affiliate? Please contact them directly and get involved in your local community. Click here for a listing of our local affiliates statewide.